Chocolate and Banana is an eternal combination. They compliment each other so well, that the first thing that comes to your mind when you want to cook with bananas… is chocolate! We’ve already posted a recipe for a Caramelised banana upside-down cake and now we’re sharing an eggless recipe for those of you who choose to bake without eggs.
The ingredients for this are very basic. Flour, butter, sugar, milk, baking powder, cocoa powder, vanilla extract/essence and 2 bananas.
To start, preheat your oven at 180°C and grease and line a loaf tin with baking or parchment paper.
Take the softened butter and sugar in a large bowl.
Cream the sugar and butter for 5 minutes and then keep aside.
In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and keep aside.
Mash 2 bananas nicely with a fork and keep aside.
To the creamed butter and sugar, add the mashed bananas, dry ingredients and vanilla essence/extract.
Beat for a minute till the batter is glossy.
Transfer the batter to the lined loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
Leave it to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting. Eggless cakes tend to stick together if you cut it while its still very warm.
Dust it with some icing sugar if you like and serve it with tea or coffee. You can also serve it with some ice-cream.
Go ahead and try this recipe! Don’t forget to tell us if you like it 🙂
Eggless Chocolate Banana Cake
150 gm All-purpose
Flour150 gm Caster Sugar
150 gm Butter, softened room temperature
40gm Cocoa powder
2 Bananas, ripe
2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Vanilla Extract or Essence
50 ml Milk
Icing Sugar for Dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line an loaf tin with baking paper or parchment paper.
- In a bowl beat softened butter and sugar for 5 min. In another bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Mash the bananas in a bowl and keep aside.
- Add mashed bananas, milk, flour mixture and vanilla extract. Beat for a minute till smooth and glossy.
- Pour the batter in the lined cake tin and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 mins or till a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for 15 mins and then remove from the cake tin.
- Dust with Icing sugar and eat warm.